Friday, March 2, 2007

Flat Tire #2

Yep, second day in a row. Exact same spot on Iron Point Road. Fitting name for the street. I suspect it was the same piece of metal laying on the road. Same noise, same spot, same result. Have to admit it was a bit scary hitting it at 26 mph. We are flying, trying to get back before dark after a very tough hill climbing ride.

I was ready this time. Had a new pump, tubes, new tire (now destroyed)...oh well. I got to thinking last night about the tiny little hassles that occur sometimes in my life. Annoyances, mostly. Flat tires, allergy symptoms, blisters on my feet, poor night of sleep, empty refrigerator, etc. My thoughts turn immediately to those with life-threatening illnesses, like people waiting to receive an organ transplant. Days, weeks, months, years of waiting. The lack of energy and perpetual fatigue. Of course, I am unable to imagine it.

But I get to ride my bike across the country in their honor. Man, I am incredibly blessed.

KM

No comments: